Hi, I am sharing this opportunity which opened earlier this month and closes on Wednesday, 26 August 2020. Full details below:
The Office of Internal Audit and Investigations (OIAI) is a key component of UNICEF’s independent internal oversight system and critical to the functioning of the organization’s sound control environment. The Office is mandated to conduct internal audits (assurance and advisory services), and investigations into allegations of potential fraud, corruption and misconduct . OIAI reports to the Executive Director, with the purpose of independently advising management and the Executive Board on its findings and concerns. In recent times OIAI has made efforts to use analytics through computer assisted audit techniques (CAAT), and visualization (using PowerBI) of information necessary for audit planning from data warehouses.
In pursuit of its mandate OIAI is looking to enhance its oversight capacity through an integrated data and analytics environment. The data scientist will assist in the design of pilot exercises to demonstrate the potential value for data analytics in the work of OIAI, selection of analytics and visualization tools, create data integration module(s) for the office, build scripts, and present the results in the dashboard using appropriate visualization tools. The person will report to the Deputy Directors for Audit as well as Investigations.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for the following activities:
- Act as OIAI’s lead on the data analytics and data integration programme
- Advise on potential analytics approaches for audit and investigations, and develop a long-term strategy for OIAI data analytics program
- Develop pilot reports and dashboards for data visualizations for select module(s) identified by the OIAI using the tool to be selected that demonstrate the potential impact of data analytics to support OIAI’s mission to ensure integrity in UNICEF operations.
- Build, test, and report through the dashboard the results of exceptions scripts for red flags identified by OIAI for continuous monitoring, using data from UNICEF systems or open source information through appropriate programming tools
- Identify and pursue synergies with respect to data analytics work with other offices within UNICEF as well as other international organizations.
- Work with key stakeholders including the auditors and investigators, other members of the data analytics team, the Information Communication and Technology Division (ICTD) and subject matter experts (SMEs) across the organization to help develop a broader analytics/data integration framework.
- Communicate orally and make presentations to management on progress updates, and the findings and results from the data analytics and explore potential for automated reporting of the exceptions to predefined recipients.
- Offer in-house training and knowledge sharing in the use of analytics / BI solutions
- Advise on the need and deliverables for any supplemental resources for OIAI’s analytics (institutional consultant, resources internally on stretch assignment etc.)
- Any other related duties assigned.