About the 📣 Sustainer Talk category

Talk about life as a Sustainer. Community news, announcements, or feedback for the wider Sustain community. Topics include Sustain OSS events.

Why should people use this category? What is it for?

If you want to share either personal or organization announcements and news with the Sustainer community, this is the place to do it. Let us know about events, opportunities, or other news you think is worth spreading.

If you want to share feedback with the Sustain OSS community or suggestions on organizing, this is also the best place for that.

How exactly is this different than the other categories we already have?

This category is a collection of meta topics about Sustain OSS and its community.

What should topics in this category generally contain?

Topics should generally be about or of great interest to the wider Sustainer community.

I’d like to request podcast coverage of core-js maintainer story. I posted about it on Feb 20 Story of @zloirock, core.js author and now May 11 there are more than 20 episodes of sustain podcast, but nothing about the story. I don’t want to think that people want to ignore inconvenient topics, because that doesn’t bring me hope that OSS sustainability problems can be solved.

Yes, please.

FWIW I motivated a coverage in the Changelog News episode back then:

From what I can see in Can I help maintain · Issue #1187 · zloirock/core-js · GitHub at least some people raised there hands.

1 Like

I’ve asked him; he hasn’t responded.

When and which channel did you use? I would ask in So, what's next? · Issue #1179 · zloirock/core-js · GitHub

I emailed him. Still no response.

I’ll ask him to check it. Do you remember when you’ve emailed him?

Asked in the thread So, what's next? · Issue #1179 · zloirock/core-js · GitHub

@RichardLitt Denis agreed to talk - So, what's next? · Issue #1179 · zloirock/core-js · GitHub Now I need to point him to your email, or maybe somehow introduce you. How to get it from here?

1 Like

I’ve emailed you. Let’s move to DM!

1 Like