Meet and Greet the Community!

Hi everyone! My name is Zach and I’m the Founder at Exygy. As a certified B Corp, we use Design and Technology to improve lives.

One of our initiatives is Bloom Housing. Bloom is an open source web portal for folks to find and apply to affordable housing. We have implemented it in multiple jurisdictions.

While it’s “open source” it’s just been us working on it to date, so we haven’t had need for much of a formal governance model. We’re now starting to get interest from outside contributors and it’s a good time for us to be thinking about more formal governance. I’m wondering if this community could point us at some exemplars that we could reference. Specifically, we’re looking for governance models that make sense for a small projects (we’ll never be huge), and potentially ones that accommodate multiple types of contributing organizations (in our case, government, civil society, private sector, and funders).

I read through this “Choose a Governance Model” post in the Governance Working Group of this community, which then landed me on CommunityRule. It’s super valuable, but we’re looking for something a layer down from where they’re playing now: examples of governance models for actual open source projects similar to ours that we could start from.

Any suggestions welcome. Thank you all for creating and curating this community!

4 Likes