Sustainers Manifesto

I revised the Sustainer Principles to adopt a similar format to the Open Source Definition that provides a easy to remember single-word headline, a formulated statement, and a rationale.

1 Like

Awesome. @pia is not crazy about the word “manifesto” so we are thinking of alternatives. Got any ideas @GeorgLink

1 Like

I think Manifesto is an appropriate word for what we want this document to be, considering the Merriam-Webster definition of a Manifesto as “a written statement declaring publicly the intentions, motives, or views of its issuer”:

A manifesto is a statement in which someone makes his or her intentions or views easy for people to ascertain.

Alternative title suggestions: Merriam Webster Definition
Sustainer Constitution a written instrument embodying the rules of a political or social organization
Sustainer Declaration a document containing such a declaration
Sustainer Core Values
Sustainer Charter a written instrument from the authorities of a society creating a lodge or branch
Sustainer Covenant a written agreement or promise usually under seal between two or more parties especially for the performance of some action
Sustainer Accord voluntary or spontaneous impulse to act
1 Like
Further title suggestions: Merriam Webster Definition
Sustainer Manifesto a written statement declaring publicly the intentions, motives, or views of its issuer
Sustainer Principles a comprehensive and fundamental law, doctrine, or assumption
Sustainer Pledge a binding promise or agreement to do or forbear
Sustainer Commitment an agreement or pledge to do something in the future
Sustainer Definition a statement expressing the essential nature of something

I will think about these before I cast a vote. What are other names are you and @pia considering?

1 Like

This is perfect, waiting for Pia’s feedback.

1 Like

@jdorfman Thank you for addressing my changes so quickly :smiley:

1 Like

#community:sfosc has principles for sustainability. There seems to be overlap with our ‘manifesto’ work.
Collaborate? Unify principles?
https://sfosc.org/principles/

I’m missing security in this list.

1 Like

Yeah, I saw that. It got me thinking, Sustain, CHAOSS, and SFOSC should really team up and eliminate any/all redundancies. For example #community:sfosc uses our forum instead of setting up another, Sustain uses their principles instead of ours, etc.

1 Like

In fact, I’m NOT going to archive it. In order to finish it, it needed a manifesto so what better place to host it?

1 Like