Sustain In 2021 Report

We’ve just published a report on what software sustainability means, covering marketing, governance, authentic participation by large corporations, design, and more. These conversations grew out of our Working Groups, our podcasts, and our last Sustain event in Brussels. We’re excited about this work, and hope you are too!

For those who read it what did you think?

8 Likes

Thanks for this great work. One first detail: may be it would be interesting to mention Gratipay’s friendly fork, https://liberapay.com/

5 Likes

I just skimmed the Sustain 2021 report and wanted to congratulate everyone on this excellent document!

I’ll use it in my classes and point to it often because it takes a comprehensive stock of where open source is today and what the current challenges are.

— Well done!

Is there a place to report bugs in the report? Page 37 should have a background color for the “What’s next, and how can I help?” section.

3 Likes

Here is probably a fine place to report bugs. Just also report compliments or ongoing discussions. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Only compliments from me :sparkles:

Well done. Thanks to everyone who spent the time putting this together!

Best,

Matt

3 Likes

Wow! This report is excellent!

2 Likes

Nice work! Now it is all our jobs to get this seen in all the right places…

3 Likes

Wow, it looks awesome, thanks for the good work!

2 Likes

I am still reading it.

1 Like

just dropping by to say thanks for the feedback folks. @Erioldoesdesign also created a conversation about other ways you’d like to see this report presented over in Community feedback sessions: Sustain OSS 2020 conference report - #3 by Erioldoesdesign

If you can drop in there and share your thoughts it would be very much appreciated.

1 Like