Design & UX working group

Hey there SustainOSS Design folks - We’ve been working on a proposal for the SustainOSS summit committee that’s ready for review here: Sustain Design & UX : Sustain OSS summit 2022 - Google Docs Only thing that’s missing is $numbers for what we need but other than that we have a rough structure!

1 Like

Meeting is today! 2022-08-08T16:00:00Z2022-08-08T17:00:00Z

We’ll be discussing two things!

Notes from the August 8th meeting can be found in the google document here: SustainOSS UX & Design Working Group - Google Docs

Next meeting is September 12th! 2022-09-12T16:00:00Z2022-09-12T17:00:00Z

Where we’ll be continuing the prompt discussion from August around How might we create interview guidelines for open source projects and softwares. and doing some brainstorming on what that looks like.

:slight_smile:

We have our Sustain Design & UX group on today - I’ll prep the notes and agenda this morning ahead of the meeting :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey folks, we decided to push Septembers call to October dates so the next call will be 2022-10-10T16:00:00Z2022-10-10T17:00:00Z

Please do check back and check the above ^^^ local time closer to the date.

Please be aware that at the end of October and start of November is when clocks change in the UK and USA

1 Like

Call is today :slight_smile: gentle reminder!

1 Like

Thanks @Erioldoesdesign. Sorry to have missed this! I was off for Indigenous Peoples' Day - Wikipedia

Hey folks - we’re due our Sustain Design & UX call today but I’m unable to really prep and lead it today

Happy to still attend if anyone else is keen to lead

Our community call is today at 2023-02-13T17:00:00Z2023-02-13T18:00:00Z we’re discussing: What does handoff look like in open source and fostering relationships between developers and designers

Is this working group open to new members? I shared a post here seeking UX Research help (UX Research for Contributor Journeys) but I’m trying to learn more about user research in the open source space.

Very much so! Our next Meeting is on June 12, but happy to talk here, too. :slight_smile:

Great, thanks Richard :+1:

Added to my calendar for June 12th!

1 Like

Hey all!

Just a reminder that our next meeting is on June 12th. Ping me if you would like an invite to the calendar event!

As a reminder, we are the design chapter of https://sustainoss.org/ and we meet the second Tuesday of every month to discuss all things related to sustaining design-oriented projects with open-source culture, join us!